from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To fish by letting a baited hook fall gently onto the water.
- intransitive v. To dip lightly or quickly into water, as a bird does.
- intransitive v. To skip or bounce, especially over the surface of water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plimsoll
- v. To run or go somewhere quickly.
- v. Dap describes special examples of dipping, dabbing, or bouncing actions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To drop the bait gently on the surface of the water.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In angling, to drop or let fall the bait gently into the water.
Whether it is the hand dap, which is diasporically universal, or the ease with which Barack's strength is complimentary, not in competition with Michelle's, they have forced America to acknowledge the beauty and humanity of the black family.
He possesses the kind of elegance that in a different age would have been described as dap-per.
In Sagada, Agawa, Takong, and near-by pueblos the a'-to is said to be known as dap'-ay; and in Balili and Alap both names are known.
Most outrageous: terrorist fist jab: a knuckle-to-knuckle fist bump, or "dap", traditionally performed between two black people as a sign of friendship, celebration or agreement and described as "the terrorist fist jab" by newscaster E.
Worst of all, I'm sad to report that all Rising Tide participants are now under suspicion because of last year's convention graphic, which looks like an invitation to "dap":
- Most outrageous: terrorist fist jab, a knuckle-to-knuckle fist bump, or "dap," traditionally performed between two black people as a sign of friendship, celebration or agreement and described as "the terrorist fist jab" by newscaster E.
If anything, the arrests of Shakur, Flavor Flav and Snoop Doggy Dogg demonstrate how little power, or "dap," rap actually has in the real world.
Nevermind that athletes and black folks have been giving each other "dap" by touching fists for something like 30 years.
Fox News depicted her fist "dap" with her husband the night he won the nomination as a "terrorist fist jab" and the conservative National Review depicted Michelle Obama with an angry scowl on its cover, calling her "Mrs. Grievance."
Lesser lights at FOX have called for the assassination of Barack Obama, referred to a friendly "dap" between the Obamas as a "terrorist fist jab," altered a Jewish reporter's photograph to caricature him in a manner reminiscent of Der Stuermer, used the racist slur "baby mama" to describe Michelle Obama, and permitted this kind of filth to be published on its "moderated" site.