from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of going downward; descent; falling or sinking; declension; degradation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of going down or downward; descent, either literal or figurative.
- n. A falling or precipitation; fall; declension.
- n. In old chemistry, the deposition or precipitation of the essential juice dissolved from the distilled matter. See distillation by descent, under descent.
- n. In old astronomy, negative ascension, the angular amount by which the projection of a star from the pole upon the equinoctial is below some horizon.
Any political descension among Cuban Americans in this country can only be charaterized as rightious indignation.
I have understood "seeing the Kingdom of God coming with power" to mean "witnessing the inauguration of the Kingdom through the ascension of Jesus and the subsequent descension of the Holy Spirit".
Through the help of Dainichi's compassionate con-descension or kaji (more on this in a later section), the practitioner is enabled to inter-resonate with the sermon of the cosmos.
It was pretty much a given that a guy who rose to critical acclaim playing a gay cowboy would draw the hyperbolic wrath of America's most vocal homophobes, but it's nevertheless shocking the speed with which Phelps and company have gingerly begun proclaiming Ledger's demise and, of course, descension into hell.
I view the early days of the Roman empire – their descension into corruption was their undoing.
Add to it the fact that he was not of the "true" Rai descension, plus the relationship with his half-brother Torque - it was a lot of good stuff for a character.
Nine times his eardrums popped and when the descension stopped, a sign that said abandon hope in the land of the dead, unless your height exceeds that of the clown's head.
Was it to take the advantage of a word because having mentioned his ascension, will he mention also descension?
The inclination of the cylinder, which is variable, promotes the gradual descension of the ore from the higher to the lower end.
And so, as the descension took place, so must the ascension, and man is climbing back on the ladder of evolvement rung by rung.