from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports A drop shot.
- n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a North Vietnamese soldier or guerrilla in the Vietnam War.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft drop shot.
- n. A North Vietnamese soldier.
- n. Double Income No Kids - a childless couple with two jobs
- n. A penis.
- v. To play a soft drop shot.
- v. To chip lightly, to play a light chip shot.
- v. To carry someone on a pushbike: behind, on the crossbar or on the handlebar.
- adj. Alternative spelling of dinq.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Trim; neat.
- n. either of a married couple who both are employed and have no children. The term is often used as the prototype of midde-class persons with higher-than-average disposable income.
- n. a ball hit softly that falls to the ground just beyond the net.
- n. an Asian person, especially a Vietnamese; -- used contemptuously, considered disparaging and offensive.
- transitive v. To deck; -- often with out or up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deck; dress; adorn.
- Neatly dressed; trim; tidy.
- Also denk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a couple who both have careers and no children (an acronym for dual income no kids)
- n. a soft return so that the tennis ball drops abruptly after crossing the net
Wow, what a convenient coinky-dink, is that just an amazingly close election, or what?
When this dink is defeated this coming Twosday and he finally slinks out of the Whitehouse in early 2005 he is going to disappear from the national scene like no president ever has.
A "dink" dog, the product of the mating of a brother and sister, because his thoughtless owner didn't have either of his two dogs spayed or neutered.
I remember the first time I saw a "dink:" it was on the playground at Kindercare.
I saw my first "dink" at a family reunion when I was about 5 or 6.
It's been a while since I read something with the word "dink" in it.
As for male parts I prefer "dink" over "penis" and I especially hate "cock" ... shudder. speaking of shuddering, today when I asked Holly how her dinner at All You Can Eat Sushi went, she said "I ate so much I shivered" and I laughed for so long.
Click " dink " The sounds were faint, almost inaudible.
A "dink," neat or trim, maiden often forgets her "dinkness" after marriage.
Maudie Proudfute had been hitherto only noticed as a good looking, black haired woman, believed to be "dink" and disdainful to those whom she thought meaner or poorer than herself, and lady and empress over her late husband, whom she quickly caused to lower his crest when she chanced to hear him crowing out of season.