from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Bringing or warranting disgrace; shameful.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Partaking of disgrace; shameful; dishonorable; disreputable; bringing or deserving shame.
- Synonyms Discreditable, ignominious, scandalous, base, vile, opprobrious, infamous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Bringing disgrace; causing shame; shameful; dishonorable; unbecoming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective bringing or
warranting disgrace; shameful.
- adjective giving
offenseto moral sensibilitiesand injuriousto reputation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective giving offense to moral sensibilities and injurious to reputation
- adjective (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
CHAMBLISS: I don't know that I would use the term disgraceful, but certainly it's not the way that the American taxpayer expects the government to operate.
Senator Graham says the Bush administration has repeatedly hindered the investigation of a September 11 attacks in what he call a disgraceful manner.
The young commander took his place on the hatch, and made quite a telling speech in regard to what he termed the disgraceful proceeding which had occurred on board.
Speaking in the Commons, the MP for Greenwich and Woolwich questioned David Cameron over what action had been taken to investigate what he referred to as "disgraceful and illegal conduct".
ALBANY, N.Y. - Democratic candidate for governor Andrew Cuomo's latest statewide television ad targets what it calls disgraceful and dysfunctional Albany.
D-Ill., for what she called a disgraceful sexist swipe.
"... which I call disgraceful, don't you, Mrs. Studdiford?" asked
What's disgraceful is that YOU and all the brain washed liberals agree with BO's health plan, and you post these lists with out any facts to back it up.
We have engaged in disgraceful shenanigans to keep asbestos off the list of proscribed substances under the Rotterdam Convention.
I didn't know she was so large a cutter; but she's in disgraceful condition.