from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having or exhibiting a lack of respect; rude and discourteous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Showing disrespect; wanting in respect; manifesting disesteem or want of respect; irreverent; uncivil: as, a disrespectful thought or opinion; disrespectful behavior.
- Synonyms Discourteous, impolite, rude, ungentlemanly, impudent, pert.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Wanting in respect; manifesting disesteem or lack of respect; uncivil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective lacking
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective exhibiting lack of respect; rude and discourteous
- adjective neither feeling nor showing respect
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ebenhack Members of the conservative gay rights group GOProud are demanding an apology from Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum for what they call his disrespectful comments directed at a gay soldier in Thursday night's GOP presidential debate.
The 4-time Pro Bowler has demanded that he be traded after what he described as disrespectful treatment of him by new coach Todd Haley and first-year general manager Scott Pioli (pee-OH'-lee).
The only way an endorsement could be "disrespectful" is if the other party thinks its theirs by right.
It will weed out the disrespectful from the pitifully flawed.
Look Wilson gave a fake apology and some Americans feel being disrespectful is just fine and everyone even kids should be allowed to do it.
What's disrespectful is holding up the primary process against all sense and realistic probability for purely self-serving reasons.
When critics of the President use certain disrespectful terms, it's either a sign of immaturity or or an inability to put forth an intelligent critique. tommyturner on May 11, 2008
I'm sure, ma'am, if I'd thought the young lady was any ways related to you, I would not have said a word disrespectful upon no account. '
Being disrespectful is really no way to get someone to try to change.
I make this comparison not in disrespectful jest, but in deepest pity.