from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of a diverticulum or of diverticula in the intestinal tract, causing fecal stagnation and pain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An infection of the diverticulum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of a diverticulum in the digestive tract (especially the colon); characterized by painful abdominal cramping and fever and constipation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
These can become infected, triggering inflammation, called diverticulitis, and cause pain, fever and constipation.
But we're now pretty sure that he had what something known as diverticulitis, basically an inflammation of the large intestine that required surgery.
We're now pretty sure he had something known as diverticulitis, basically an inflammation of the large intestine.
What seems to have been at the heart of this was diverticulitis, which is essentially an inflammation of the intestines that led to some bleeding.
Besides increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, a high-fat diet also increases the risk of cancer, obesity, and diverticulitis, which is an inflammation of the colon due to pockets of stagnant digested matter.
It's not the first time researchers find racial differences in rates of complications and death from the disease, called diverticulitis.
The statement says that doctors detected pain in his lower left abdomen and that an X-ray showed a digestive condition common in older people, known as diverticulitis.
- Brock had diverticulosis, not diverticulitis, which is the more minor case.
Seattle's 39-year-old slugger arrived Tuesday morning before the series finale against the Texas Rangers saying he was still bothered by the flare-up of a colon condition called diverticulitis that was initially diagnosed in late 2006.
• help you avoid constipation and the painful intestinal ailment called diverticulitis;