from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small model house used as a children's toy or to display miniature dolls and furniture.
- n. A house so small that it is likened to a toy house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A miniature house used by children as a toy or as a base for domestic dioramas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a house so small that it is likened to a child's dollhouse. Sometimes used in reference to a small house with especially elaborate exterior decoration.
- n. a small model of a house used as a toy by children, usually including miniature furniture and other objects that can be arranged inside it as the would be in a real house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small model of a house used as a toy by children
- n. a house so small that it is likened to a child's plaything
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The Japanese style dollhouse is the latest addition to Sanwa supply's growing papercraft collection.
For all I know, chicken dollhouse is at the ATM wearing a saliva hammock.
A Kodak mother here photographing her daughter playing with her dollhouse could be a work by Laurie Simmons; it lacks only the feminist quotation marks.
The dollhouse was the opposite: noisy, chaotic, full of contention.
I knew that my dollhouse was a toy, but in a way it seemed more like a portal to adulthood.
A dollhouse was his favorite, and he filled it with furnishings and people.
The same can be said for Clarke Peters, who is best known as dollhouse furniture craftsman and wiretapping wiz Lester Freeman.
If your daughter likes dolls, a dollhouse is the perfect toy with which to practice language, emotions, and interaction.
Jere, what is your plan to save the "dollhouse" that is full of mold, eaten by termites, has a leaky roof, overrun with rats and roaches and is structurally unsound?
JG, that "dollhouse" also has over 6 billion people in it.