from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or conducting exchanges with clients who drive up to a window and remain in their automobiles: drive-thru banking.
- adj. Performed or provided quickly and routinely: a drive-through delivery in a hospital.
- n. A drive-through establishment, especially a restaurant.
- n. A window at such an establishment, from which business is conducted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of an establishment, providing service to occupants of automobiles while still in their still-running vehicle.
- adj. Of a feature of such an establishment (especially a window), adapted to provide such service.
- n. An establishment, especially a restaurant, providing drive-through service.
- n. The window of such an establishment adapted for such purpose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. arranged to allow business to be transacted or sights to be seen while patrons remain in their vehicles.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We mounted a huge PR and advertising campaign designed to restore Americans' faith in managed care, which had taken a beating in the press for such well-publicized practices as "drive-through mastectomies" and "drive-though deliveries."
This is the meat we buy in grocery stores, and order from the drive-through window at fast food joints.
Your grandchild may be a great kid, but when using plastic for the first time at college, don't underestimate the appeal of pizza parties, midnight snacks at the local drive-through and the siren call of the mall.
By the end of the day, she was often too tired to make dinner, so she did what was easy: She ordered takeout or went to the drive-through.
The global coffee business intends to hire the additional staff over the next five years as it develops its drive-through business in the UK.
Bloomberg News A vehicle leaves the drive-through area of a combined KFC and Taco Bell restaruant in Houston.
BEIJING — Shiny new cars line up outside a McDonald's drive-through on the suburban outskirts of Beijing.
Junk food, drive-through and processed foods have been major factors in the degeneration of our modern society.
They say they found a man passed out in the driver's seat of a car in the drive-through lane.
He spent most of his childhood and adolescence just outside of Fort Worth, dated a young woman whose mother worked as an accountant for a military contractor, went fishing on the river with his best friend, and held a weekend high school job scooping ice cream at a drive-through near his family's house.