from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An establishment, especially an outdoor movie theater, designed to permit customers to remain in their motor vehicles while being accommodated.
- adj. Of or being such an establishment: a drive-in restaurant; a drive-in teller.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Providing service to patrons who remain in their automobiles.
- n. An outdoor cinema where movies are projected onto a large screen and patrons watch from inside their vehicles, listening either by a speaker or a designated radio frequency.
- n. A drive-through restaurant where patrons remain in their vehicles and order food and beverages via a speaker phone; their meal is delivered to their vehicle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. arranged to allow business to be transacted while patrons remain in their vehicles.
- n. any installation designed to accommodate patrons while staying in their automobiles; especially an outdoor movie theater in which patrons park in their vehicles to watch the movie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any installation designed to accommodate patrons in their automobiles
- v. arrive by motorcar
- v. cause a run or runner to be scored
- v. cause to penetrate, as with a circular motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Anthony Curio bragged the whole way how he’d taken Suzy Micheli to the drive-in only he always called the drive-in the submarine races the night before, popping her cherry on the vinyl seat Jimmy and I were sitting on.
The sulphur odor is more pungent at night in this natural phenomenon know as the world's only drive-in volcano.
Claudia Cardinale, l'attrice che ho sempre seguito in tutti i suoi drive-in theatre criminal l'enorme ammirazione per la sua bellezza ...
Probably expelled as well late to feature really strongly upon the 2010 box bureau charts, it will still be the single of the pass drive-in theatre of subsequent winter.
Adapted as well as destined by Bruce Robinson, who gave us Withnail as well as I, this take of unruly as well as perilously parched reporters will be near-unavoidable this spring, if usually given we reporters adore drive-in theatre about journalists.
Con i milioni di drive-in theatre girati nel mondo, un genio come Tarantino sceglie un piece for one person movie per farne un remake ... e sceglie il mio!
Ho realizzato i 6 drive-in theatre come per il grande schermo.
Here have been the drive-in theatre we consider will attract the greatest audiences over the subsequent 12 months.
Show of hands onegai of those who consider we should stick to adult anime as good as anime associated drive-in theatre only?
Several some-more Japanese as good as Korean subbed drive-in theatre underneath FM similar to Triad Elections.