from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Repetition of a sequence of word or phrases in reverse order
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A figure of speech in which the parts of a sentence or clause are repeated in inverse order.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In rhetoric: Recapitulation of the chief points or heads in a discourse; enumeration; especially, recapitulation of the principal points in an order the reverse of that in which they were previously treated, recurring to the last point first, and so returning toward the earlier topics or arguments.
- n. Repetition of names or topics singly, with further discussion or characterization of each, after having at first merely mentioned or enumerated them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. recapitulation of the main ideas of a speech (especially in reverse order)
- n. repetition of a group of words in reverse order
Sorry, no etymologies found.