from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The first of the bases in the infield, counterclockwise from home plate.
- noun The fielding position occupied by the first baseman.
- noun Slang The first stage or step toward completion or success.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun baseball The base after home plate in a counter-clockwise path around a baseball
- noun by extension Completion of the first phase of an activity.
- noun US, colloquial Kissing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the base that must be touched first by a base runner in baseball
- noun the initial stage in accomplishing something
- noun the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.