from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The symbol for femtometer or femtometre, a unit of length. The name fermi for this unit is obsolete.
- n. abbreviation for Fathom
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A method of transmitting radio signals by modulating the frequency of the carrier wave; -- opposed to AM (amplitude modulation), in which the signal modulates the amplitude, rather than the frequency of the carrier wave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contraction of fathom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave
- n. a radioactive transuranic metallic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The latter seems like a move to appease the record labels, but taken together, it looks like Last. fm is trying to develop a post-advertising business model.
QuickTime trailers are lined up on a virtual shelf, while Last. fm is presented as a simple widget to type your favourite artists into.
Ping. fm is a site that aims to make the dissemination of information easier.
Last. fm is paying royalties to unsigned bands that put music on its site ...
Last. fm is a great tool for people listening to music on their computers, but what about portable players?
Ping. fm is a utility that lets you update all your social networks at the same time via mobile phone, email or plugin applications.
Overall, I think for most people Last. fm is a great site for music – but for me and the way I like to listen to music, I prefer FineTune.
Last. fm is a social recommender, looking for what other people who like that artist listen to, and Pandora recommends based on musical attributes, the ‘genes’ of an artist catalogued in their Musical Genome Project.
Last. fm is a social recommender, looking for what other people [...]
The best feature about last. fm is that when a user is logged in it keeps track of the songs listened to, formulates recomendations, users with similar tastes, gives you list of upcoming shows in your area, allows you to edit information on artist profiles to add information, and has downloadable sprogglers for either itunes or windows media player or real player that will submit the tracks you listen to off of your computer or ipod and from that and the tracks you listen to on its site will keep a running log of weekly top artists, and overall top artists, tracks, and such.