from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun One that frames.
  • noun One of the people who wrote the US Constitution.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who frames; a maker; a contriver.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun One who frames

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A person who makes frames for paintings
  • noun US A person who assembles the timbers of a wood-framed building
  • noun A person who writes a new law

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun someone who writes a new law or plan
  • noun someone who makes frames (as for pictures)


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.