from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A period indicating the end of a sentence.
- noun A complete halt, as one made by a motor vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa The
punctuation mark“ .” (indicating the end of a sentence or marking an abbreviation).
- interjection colloquial Used to
emphasizethe end of an important statementor pointwhen speaking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.