from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A freestanding, roofed, usually open-sided structure providing a shady resting place.
- n. A belvedere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. belvedere, either a type of summer-house or a roofed, detached porch-like structure, usually in a yard, park or lawn
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A summer-house commanding an extensive prospect. Also written gazeebo.
- n. Any structure or part of a building which affords or commands an extensive prospect or outlook, as a turret or lantern on the roof of a house, a balcony, a projecting window, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small roofed building affording shade and rest
Perhaps your dad was going to make a screened in gazebo or a really large playhouse near the lake.
In front of the gazebo is vehicle parking and the edge of the overlook toward the lake.
The gazebo is made of concrete with supporting pillars amazingly all formed to look exactly like tree trunks and branches.
The gazebo is made of concrete with supporting pillars amazingly all formed to look exactly like tree trunks and branches. The effect is to continue the forest right into the the built-in picnic tables that surround the gazebo. There is seating for about 200.
Old Lady Clara calls the gazebo “the bandstand”—as if Dick Clark himself were there dancing to the bandstand boogie.
I'm thinking that by late summer the gazebo might be a favorite spot for the grandkids to hang out or camp out.
The gazebo is a beautifully-built, elegant structure.
Inside the gazebo was a table loaded with treats fit for a king.
That night, he'd experienced a surge of lust that hadn't abated even when he discovered that the ethereal goddess in the gazebo was the wife of Pinkie Duvall.
But it's more than just a gazebo, which is a miniature piece of architecture.
The 2-acre park now holds the city's first jail, a historic home used as a museum, meeting room and occasionally as an ice cream parlor, a blacksmith shop and a gazebo, which is actually of recent construction.