from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Genoa, a city of Italy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to Genoa, a city of northwestern Italy, or to the republic of Genoa constituted by its citizens, existing from the tenth century till 1797, and very powerful in the middle ages.
- An inhabitant or a native, or the people, of Genoa.
- Also Genovese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or resident of Genoa
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Genoa or its inhabitants
Sorry, no etymologies found.