from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The quality or state of being gigantic; abnormally large size.
- noun Excessive growth of the body or any of its parts, especially as a result of oversecretion of the growth hormone by the pituitary gland.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In biology, aberration from the normal standard by increase in size; monstrous stature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The quality or state of being
gigantic; being of abnormally large size.
- noun A condition where there is over-production of
growth hormoneby the pituitary glandin a child before the bone growth plates close, resulting in excessive long bone growth, accompanied by muscular weakness and sexual impotence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun excessive largeness of stature
- noun excessive size; usually caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone from the pituitary gland
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin gigans ("giant") and -ism; equivalent to giant + -ism.
Sorry, no example sentences found.