from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A woman who seeks money and expensive gifts from men.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who digs or mines for gold.
- n. A person (usually female and considerably younger) who cultivates a personal relationship in order to attain money.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who associates with or marries a rich man in order to get valuables from him through gifts or a divorce settlement
- n. a miner who digs or pans for gold in a gold field
gold + digger. Literal sense from 1830s, figurative sense (woman who seeks money in a relationship) from 1915. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.