from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Zero, especially when written as a numeral to indicate that no points have been scored.
- noun A swelling or lump, especially one caused by being struck.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In athletic and other contests, a zero, indicating a miss or failure to score: from the resemblance of the zero-mark 0 to an egg: called in Great Britain a duck's-egg, and in the United States sometimes a round O.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- Slang In games, a zero; a score or record of naught; -- so named in allusion to the egglike outline of the zero sign 0. Called also
- A bump on the skin caused by a blow, especially one on the head.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun informal
- noun informal A
swellingcaused by a bumpon the head.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a quantity of no importance
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From the oval shape of both a goose's egg and the Arabic numeral zero (0).
Sorry, no example sentences found.