from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Zero, especially when written as a numeral to indicate that no points have been scored.
- n. Slang A swelling or lump, especially one caused by being struck.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Zero; nothing.
- n. A swelling caused by a bump on the head.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- In games, a zero; a score or record of naught; -- so named in allusion to the egglike outline of the zero sign 0. Called also duck egg.
- A bump on the skin caused by a blow, especially one on the head.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In athletic and other contests, a zero, indicating a miss or failure to score: from the resemblance of the zero-mark 0 to an egg: called in Great Britain a duck's-egg, and in the United States sometimes a round O.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a quantity of no importance
From the oval shape of both a goose's egg and the Arabic numeral zero (0). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.