from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A place for the keeping of geese.
- noun Silliness or stupidity like that attributed to the goose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A place for keeping geese.
- noun The characteristics or actions of a goose; silliness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A place for keeping
- noun The characteristics or actions of a goose;
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
On the other hand, the hereditary dogmatism of their Southern kinsmen, is manifested in the summary disposition these make of all vagabond Yankees -- tinkers and peddlers -- found strolling about without any "local habitation," whenever they suspect them of being abolition emmissaries: for they incontinently ride the poor fellows on rails, and ornament their backs with a coat of tar and feathers, and sometimes administer to them hydropathically, giving them a succession of gentle douses in the nearest mill-pond, or oftener perhaps, in the pond attached to the nearest farmer's goosery.