from The Century Dictionary.
- Yielding gum or resinous substances; specifically, belonging or pertaining to the order Guttiferæ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Yielding gum or resinous substances.
- adjective Pertaining to a natural order of trees and shrubs (Guttiferæ) noted for their abounding in a resinous sap.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany Yielding
- adjective botany Relating to a natural
orderof treesand shrubs(Guttiferae) that abound in resinous sap.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
After correctly spelling "anatomy" in round two, he misspelled his round three word, "guttiferous," which refers to trees 'propensity to produce gum or resinous substances.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.