from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pair of headphones.
- n. A pair of headphones with a voice transmitter attached.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pair of headphones or earphones, or a singular headphone or earphone, typically with an attached microphone.
- n. On a bicycle, the system of bearings that connects the fork to the frame.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. receiver consisting of a pair of headphones
Left: This headset is for communicating with others during rehearsal.
Apparently, despite the availability of how-to videos on the internet, this particular prank is becoming less popular due to vast improvements in headset technology.
• Plantronics 'bluetooth headset is modeled an the window crank handle from a 1974 Lincoln Continental.
Then you get the annoying feedback if your headset is in noise cancelling mode.
Using a Bluetooth headset is increasingly required by law when driving, so using a hands-free device with the iPad doesn't seem like a big stretch, so the argument that "you can't put a device that big up to your ear to make a phone call" falls by the wayside.
Works well and the sound, even when wearing the headset is really good.
But the defensive headset is something we needed a long time ago to even things out.
Battery enabled talk time on the Plantronics Voyager 855 headset is approximately seven hours; listening time approximately six; up to 160 hours stand-by time and weighs only 15 grams.
The private classes are $24 (US) for 50 minutes and you need a computer, mic and speakers (or headset is better).
This Bluetooth headset is smaller than a dime, and small enough to be carried away by an ant.