from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not arising within the body; derived from another individual or species: a heterogenous bone transplant.
- adj. Variant of heterogeneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. derived from a different individual or species
- adj. Alternative spelling of heterogeneous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to heterogenesis; heterogenetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In biology, characterized by indirect development; with metamorphosis or alternation of generations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of elements that are not of the same kind or nature
- adj. originating outside the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Parents should also keep in mind that autism is a "heterogenous" disorder, Dawson said.
In particular two new pieces of thinking have been changing the markets: servers, powered by smaller, less energy-hungry chips and multifunction "heterogenous" chips that act as both central processor and graphics processor.
If the crowd is too heterogenous, the reasoning becomes group think rather than collected wisdom.
Have children draw (younger ones) and write using their 5 senses. treasure hunt for heterogenous groups. (multiaged?)
One could, I suppose, work through the GDP data to get the output of private non-profits (a really heterogenous bunch of activities) and of government and through the BLS data to get employment, and then measure productivity per worker as
What I find odd is the acceptance of the state as a boundary -- I've lived primarily in two very heterogenous states, Texas and Washington, and they are not fairly characterized by a sum over the entirety.
One largely heterogenous field, however, is classical music.
A major factor in that divergence has been the heterogeneity of the Legislature, which is the product of a large and heterogenous republic.
The specific controversy that has provoked this larger debate involves an experimental treatment for congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), a heterogenous group of recessive genetic syndromes in which females often have "masculinized" or "intersex" external genitalia.
I hope OpenID becomes the core of a new distributed, heterogenous social network.