from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Consisting of a number of different kinds: synonym: miscellaneous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Consisting of selected kinds; arranged in sorts or varieties.
- Matched; fitted; suited: as, a well-assorted pair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Selected; culled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
- adjective Comprised of a number of different
kindsor types; mixed; miscellaneous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds
- adjective of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I also have an intriguing wager on what bets but which I define as assorted creative ways for you to lose money.
The contraband and stolen property was piled in assorted heaps on the back veranda of the bungalow.
There is the great understanding of hype over the iPhone Virus which strike jailbroken iPhones in assorted parts of Australia.
Soon the children see a motley crew arrive in assorted vehicles.
At the finish, with points advantages in assorted other jumps, spins, spirals and the component scores for skating artistry added in, Kim had a short program record 78.50 points; Asada had 73.78.
On its website and in assorted court pleadings, it too declares that it owns nothing.
Using statistics and computers, a process called bioinformatics, the researcher compared various versions of TRPA1 in assorted organisms today and figuring out how those variations relate to each other evolutionarily.
This industry has already been collecting over a BILLION DOLLARS in assorted fees.
The lights blink frenetically, they come in assorted hues, and are used liberally and hung randomly and precariously.
Items include sheets, bedspreads, towels, and duvets with traditional embroidery and weaving patterns in assorted colors as well as table linens and curtains, among other things.