from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Robbery usually of travelers on or near a public road.
- n. Informal The exaction of an exorbitantly high price or fee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of robbing a traveler on a public road.
- n. Said of excessive or exorbitant prices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Robbery committed on the public roads.
- n. An excessively high price or fee; -- used especially in situations where the buyer has little or no choice but to buy the item offered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. robbery of travellers on or near a public road
- n. an exorbitant price
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.