from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Work, such as schoolwork or piecework, that is done at home.
- noun Preparatory or preliminary work.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home).
- noun Studies or other preparatory work done prior to some activity; -- usually used of preparations for activities of significance or consequence for the performer.
- noun Paid work done at home, especially piecework.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Workthat is done at home, especially school exercisesset by a teacher.
Preliminaryor preparatorywork, such as research.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From home + work.
Sorry, no example sentences found.