from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Preparatory: a college prep course; did extensive prep work for the interview.
- n. Informal A preparatory school.
- n. Informal Preparation: Daily practices are the best prep for the upcoming track meet.
- n. Chiefly British The preparing of lessons; homework.
- n. Informal A preppie.
- intransitive v. To be enrolled in and attend a preparatory school.
- intransitive v. To study or train in preparation for something.
- transitive v. To prepare (someone) for a medical examination or surgical procedure.
- transitive v. To prepare or prime: prep a surface for painting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Preparation.
- n. Abbreviation of preposition.
- n. Homework, work set to do outside class time, used widely in public schools and preparatory schools but not state schools.
- v. To prepare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A student who is taking a preparatory course of study; especially, one who is preparing for college.
- n. An abbreviation of preposition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
SAT prep is like sex education; it doesn't make you any better at it.
No amount of pagent prep is going to get her ready to step into a role she will tire of and QUIT half way thru.
I just wonder if James Franco isn't doing this soap acting job in prep for another acting job.
He said the one that did impress me when I was in prep school was "Catcher in the Rye," which was not published ...
So I guessed that he was remembering that his sons had read it in prep school.
Health and College prep is part of the G courses, and Photography is for F courses.
Also need to do a re-read of Twilight and New Moon in prep for the movie premiere.
We're having a garage sale this weekend and the most labor-intesive prep is going through all my daughter's clothes that she's grown out of and deciding what to keep and what to sell.
Mine was supposed to be at Ft Hood in prep for deployment as well. 2 months ago they changed it to Ft Lewis.
But if you define “prep time” as both know its coming, well then prep is a two way street.