from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act, manner, or method of handling or dealing with someone or something.
- noun Informal The usual methods of dealing with a given situation.
- noun The use of an agent, procedure, or regimen, such as a drug, surgery, or exercise, in an attempt to cure or mitigate a disease, condition, or injury.
- noun The agent, procedure, or regimen so used.
- noun A written sketch outlining the plot, characters, and action for a screenplay but not including certain elements of a finished screenplay, such as camera directions and dialogue.
- noun An adaptation of a novel or other literary work that serves as the basis for a screenplay.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act or the manner of treating, in any sense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or manner of treating; management; manipulation; handling; usage.
- noun obsolete Entertainment; treat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The process or manner of
treatingsomeone or something.
Medicalcare for an illnessor injury.
- noun The use of a
substanceor processto preserveor give particular properties to something.
- noun countable A
treatise; a formalwritten description or characterization of a subject.
- noun countable, film A brief, third-person, present-tense summary of a proposed film.
- noun obsolete
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the management of someone or something
- noun an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- noun care provided to improve a situation (especially medical procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury)
- noun a manner of dealing with something artistically
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
But when this treatment increases the pain, or fails altogether to remove it, we have a trouble which calls for the _very opposite treatment_.
This condition was the result of neglected treatment of decayed teeth.] _The treatment_ consists in the prompt removal of the tooth.
It could also be that we invest a lot in treatment because believing that we are getting the best treatment is an effective treatment.
The disparity in treatment is disgusting and inhumane in my opinion and more has to be done to address working conditions of foreign laborers in the Middle East.
The difference in treatment is that the public is vicious when the offender professes their morality, to wit, family values.
Also, as you are no doubt aware Dr Newmania, the first step in treatment is to admit that your standing has a problem.
I like the title treatment, it's makes you differeniate this film from the videogames, contemporaizes it…looking forward to what will hopefully be beautiful mindless entertainment in the true spirit of the game…at least it looks like the game…and Gyllenhaal seems to be embracing the prickishness of the protag.
This disparity in treatment is the effect of ersatz social Marxism which is very brave in its deconstruction of benign authority but squirms gutlessly in the face of Islam.
Generally, the first step in treatment is to make patients believe that diabetes is a disease that can be effectively controlled.
Summit has debuted the title treatment for “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse”.