from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.
- n. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Conversation or debate concerning a particular topic.
- n. Text giving further detail on a subject.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of discussing by breaking up, or dispersing, as a tumor, or the like.
- n. The act of discussing or exchanging reasons; examination by argument; debate; disputation; agitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of breaking up or dispersing; dispersion, as of a swelling or an effusion.
- n. Debate; disquisition; the agitation of a point or subject with a view to elicit truth or gain a cause; argument about something.
- n. In civil law, the act of exhausting legal proceedings against a debtor or his property before proceeding against the property of a person secondarily liable for the debt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- n. an exchange of views on some topic
Last time I checked, FORTY YEARS in discussion is a pretty long time, yea man, it really is, wipe that astonished look off your face.
The reason I engaged Abb1 in discussion, is that he is also engaged.
I did kind of allude to the whole Warboy thing in the title discussion?
Thinking about the whole thing today it seems to me that much of the medical discussion is code for underlying social and moral beliefs.
Managing the client relationship, while promoting discussion is high risk wire act. until the value in discussion can be quantified.
Once you realize that a co-participant in discussion is not participating in good faith, but rather is promoting a particular agenda, you begin to anticipate the position of the ideologue before he speaks it.
When the ideologue satisfies your prediction, dismissal may be an all too easy response, since engaging in discussion is likely to end only in both sides repeating their viewpoints ad infinitum.
This general participation in discussion is unquestionably more in keeping with the independence and equality of states than was the previous procedure.
The women are also into the title discussion, and are currently ranked second behind 2009 champion Texas A&M.
Boise State never seriously entered the title discussion despite the fact the Broncos were technically the most dominant team of all.