from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bent or angled like a hook.
- adj. Having a hook.
- adj. Made by hooking yarn: a hooked rug.
- adj. Slang Captivated by or devoted to a custom or thing: She's really hooked on gardening.
- adj. Slang Addicted to a narcotic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of hook.
- adj. Having a sharp curve at the end; resembling a hook.
- adj. Addicted; unable to resist or cease doing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of a hook; curvated.
- adj. Provided with a hook or hooks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bent like a hook; hook-shaped.
- Having a hook or hooks; furnished with hooks: as, a hooked stick; a hooked chariot (one having sharp hooks projecting outward for offensive purposes, as used in ancient war).
- A chisel with the end bent at an angle, used in marble-cutting where the square chisel cannot conveniently be employed.
- A tool similar to a scorper, used in wood-turning.
- A bent knife for paring hoofs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. addicted to a drug
- adj. curved down like an eagle's beak
- adj. having or resembling a hook (especially in the ability to grasp and hold)
At this point, nine years into the show's run, the audience that's still hooked is probably loyal enough to follow it anywhere and make the suitable adjustments, and Miami will help shore up what has long been a problematic hour on Sunday for CBS.
This book had me hooked from the very first pages.
Got me hooked from the beginning and had me never let me go.
I was hooked from the title and it just got better and better.
I was also hooked from the start and it got better … loved the play on his muse … Five. kathy kingston Says:
While the topics addressed are heavy, the book is actually a very fast read; readers will be hooked from the first page.
For instance, before Twilight became a major craze I picked it up and was hooked from the prologue alone.
By the time I had read them, I was hooked on science fiction -- and I remain hooked to this very day.
The language is beautiful -- I was hooked from the first paragraph.
This is a textbook on commercial novel writing, and it had me hooked from the first page.