from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The quality of being imaginative.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun the capability of imagining; the power of imagination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The characteristic of being
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the formation of a mental image of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I really do think, as Aunt Sarah says, that my imaginativeness is increasing, and in the wrong direction.
* Difficulties in establishing distinctiveness which may be associated with word marks consisting of advertising slogans do not justify laying down specific criteria supplementing or derogating from the criterion of distinctiveness as interpreted in the case-law of the Court of Justice, which has held that an advertising slogan cannot be required to display 'imaginativeness' or even 'conceptual tension which would create surprise and so make a striking impression' in order to have the minimal level of distinctive character.
"imaginativeness" never departs - really - from the real world, lumbering off into heavy conceits.
As you rush towards the action figure aisle, your heart speeding in fervour as you make your means to this supernatural toy of imaginativeness.
In its size, complexity and imaginativeness this work achieved a new type of history painting that embraced genre, portraiture and interior scenery.
There is rigidity and lack of imaginativeness and there is no compromise when honor is at stake.
More interesting to me than greatness, however, is that he was throughout his life such a strange combination of innocence and wisdom, charm and hard force, gregariousness and aloofness, egocentricity without conceit, aggression without cruelty, imaginativeness and cultural ignorance, sentimentality and emotional coolness.
European gardens the magic flowers of Eastern fancy, still compare his tales with the sudden prospect of magnificent mountains seen after a long desert-march: they arouse strange longings and indescribable desires; their marvellous imaginativeness produces an insensible brightening of mind and an increase of fancy-power, making one dream that behind them lies the new and unseen, the strange and unexpected — in fact, all the glamour of the unknown.
Love all the colors and the imaginativeness if that is a word!
Your legendary imaginativeness allows you to lose yourself in creative pursuits, another trait of a gifted artist.