from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
- n. The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sexual relations between close relatives (too closely related to be legally married), usually considered taboo, and a crime in many jurisdictions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The crime of cohabitation or sexual intercourse between persons related within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The offense of cohabitation or sexual commerce between persons related within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by the law or established usage of a country. In this offense illegitimate consanguinity is of the same effect as legitimate.
- n. The holding, by a vicar or other beneficiary, of two benefices, one of which depends upon the collation of the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry (as between a parent and a child)
The word incest conjures ideas of sex, but there was never any sex between my father and me.
When I began my job assisting with the younger girls, I heard the word incest for the first time.
And of course the word incest had still not been so much as whispered in daylight.
He has a twisted history with his alcoholic mother — abuse and incest is implied — and awkward sexual relationships with the other women in his life, not just “The Goddess”.
As Hilzoy says, The whole point of bringing up cases of rape and incest is to argue that the circumstances of a fetus 'conception are relevant to the question whether abortion should be legal.
No sane person would ever suggest that real-world incest is a beautiful thing, to say the least.
The physiological problems of incest is of course inbreeding.
There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them.
“There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them.”
There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. wtf?