from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A naive, innocent girl or young woman.
- noun The role of an ingénue in a dramatic production.
- noun An actress playing such a role.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An ingenuous, artless girl or young woman; a woman or girl who displays innocent candor or simplicity; specifically, such a character represented on the stage, or the actress who plays it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An ingenuous or naïve girl or young woman, or an actress representing such a person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an actress who specializes in playing the role of an artless innocent young girl
- noun an artless innocent young girl (especially as portrayed on the stage)
- noun the role of an innocent artless young woman in a play
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, feminine of ingénu, guileless, from Latin ingenuus, ingenuous; see ingenuous.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.