from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Informal An advantageous position, as in a competition.
- noun Sports The path next to the inner rail in a curved racetrack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun sports The lane or track nearest to the interior.
- noun idiomatic Any
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a favorable position in a competition
- noun the inner side of a curved racecourse
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.