from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A slow, steady trot, as of a horse.
- noun A regular, humdrum way of living or of doing.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A slow, easy jogging motion on horseback.
- noun A slow routine mode of performing daily duty to which one pertinaciously adheres.
- Monotonous; easy-going; humdrum.
- Adapted for an easy, jogging pace.
- To go at a jog-trot or monotonous pace.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an easy gait of a horse; midway between a walk and a trot
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.