from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small compartment, especially a box in a theater.
- n. The front rows of the mezzanine in a theater.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A booth or stall.
- n. The lodge of a concierge.
- n. An upscale seating region in a modern concert hall or sports venue, often in the back lower tier, or on a separate tier above the mezzanine.
- n. An exclusive box or seating region in older theaters and opera houses, having wider, softer, and more widely spaced seats than in the gallery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lodge; a habitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Middle English form of lodge.
- n. A booth or stall.
- n. The French name for a private box in a theater, used in English with the French pronunciation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance
- n. balcony consisting of the forward section of a theater mezzanine
Superlative Group also started selling smaller suites called loge boxes on February 9th.
"And hearing this braid of languages regularly spoken," he has written, "heightened my sense of words as a kind of loge in which desires were illuminated, memory was recovered and poems would be assembled."
Same thing for loge preferred renewals $65 instead of $60.
Needless to say, the traffic close to the theatre was a nightmare, but we arrived just in time to settle into our loge seats and look in awe at the massive enlarged stage with all of those people.
Also, people in the loge were given bright-pink feather boas from "Priscilla Queen of the Desert," which normally retail for $12.99.
There were some advantages to sitting in the loge at the Tony Awards on Sunday, which took place this year at the Beacon Theatre on the Upper West Side.
Two thousand new premium seats were added: 300 courtside, plus suites and loge boxes.
Vintage pieces and items from Lauren's Home Collection are sprinkled throughout the store and to the right of the entrance, in the former guardian's loge, is the watch boutique.
Cera ditched a Captain America costume that he had jokingly donned for the panel to watch the film from the loge, along with such cast members as Brandon Routh, Kieran Culkin and Jason Schwartzman and "Scott Pilgrim" creator Bryan Lee O'Malley.
At 3: 45 p.m. — 15 minutes before access to the field ended, the back of the line to visit Monument Park started on the loge level and snaked toward right field.