from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A lens or combination of lenses that enlarges the image of an object.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In optics, a convex lens: so called because objects seen through it have their apparent dimensions increased.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A single convex lens which magnifies the apparent dimensions of objects seen through it, and is used to produce an enlarged image.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An instrument made of
convex glass, used to magnify.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun light microscope consisting of a single convex lens that is used to produce an enlarged image
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.