from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lens or combination of lenses that enlarges the image of an object.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument made of convex glass, used to magnify.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A single convex lens which magnifies the apparent dimensions of objects seen through it, and is used to produce an enlarged image.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In optics, a convex lens: so called because objects seen through it have their apparent dimensions increased.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. light microscope consisting of a single convex lens that is used to produce an enlarged image
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.