from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A principal section of a railroad line.
- n. Slang A principal and easily accessible vein, usually in the arm or leg, into which a drug can be injected.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The principal route or line of a railway.
- n. In longline fishing the central line to which the branch lines with baits are attached.
- n. A principal vein into which a drug can be injected.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Ahe principal route of a transportation system, such as a railroad or bus line.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the principal route of a transportation system
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.