from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A road, trail, or railroad track that follows a zigzag course on a steep incline.
- n. A sharp bend in a road or trail on a steep incline.
- n. Chiefly British A roller coaster.
- intransitive v. To proceed in sharp turns in alternating directions on a steep incline: the trail switchbacked up the mountain; the hikers switchbacked up the hill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A zigzag path, road or railway track; especially a railway track in which the train travels in a reverse direction at each switch
- n. A hairpin bend.
- n. A roller coaster.
- v. To zigzag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by alternate motion, or by motion back and forth; pertaining to or adapted to use on a switchback: as, a switchback method of ascent; a switchback series of inclines; a switchback railway.
- n. A railway for ascending or descending steep acclivities, in which a practicable grade is obtained by curving the track alternately backward and forward along the side of the slope. Also called switchback railway.
- n. By extension, an inclined railway in which the movement of a train or of a car is partly or wholly effected by gravity, as in the switchback railway at Mauch Chunk, Pennsylvania, and railways constructed for purposes of amusement at watering-places, fairs, and pleasure-resorts.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
– well, a mountain switchback bears about as much relation to the home-grown amusement-park variety as a stepmother to the real thing – on a switchback he was well-behaved.
My last bow before buying my switchback was a Hoyt.
What's up with the 'switchback' what kinda power do the Clintons have over his analsphincter tone?
Add the terms switchback and inclusion to your search: it’s important.
An analogue "switchback" might make more sense at this stage.
The auction number is 150410937020 or you can find it by searching mathews switchback XT on Ebay.
Yes | No | Report from TNhunter wrote 19 weeks 5 days ago switchback xt, carbon express maxima hunter 350, muzzy mx-3, wisker biscuit
I'm looking to buy a bow. my friend said he'd sell me a 2007 matthews switchback with a whiskerbiscuit and tru-glo sights already on it.
I'm looking to buy a bow. my friend said he'd sell me a 2007 matthews switchback with a whiskerbiscuit and tru-glo sights alread | Field & Stream
There is a 2007 mathews switchback on ebay for $408, stripped with 2 days left to bid.