from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A road, course, or way for travel from one place to another.
- n. A highway.
- n. A customary line of travel. See Synonyms at way.
- n. A fixed course or territory assigned to a salesperson or delivery person.
- n. Football A pass pattern.
- n. A means of reaching a goal.
- transitive v. To send or forward by a specific route. See Synonyms at send1.
- transitive v. To schedule the order of (a sequence of procedures).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A course or way which is traveled or passed.
- n. A regular itinerary of stops, or the path followed between these stops, such as for delivery or passenger transportation.
- n. A road or path; often specifically a highway.
- n. this sense?) (figuratively) One of multiple methods or approaches to doing something.
- v. To direct or divert along a particular course.
- v. to connect two local area networks, thereby forming an internet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The course or way which is traveled or passed, or is to be passed; a passing; a course; a road or path; a march.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To determine the route or line of transportation or travel of (goods, immigrants, etc.).
- n. A way; road; path; space for passage.
- n. A way or course of transit; a line of travel, passage, or progression; the course passed or to be passed over in reaching a destination, or (by extension) an object or a purpose; as a legal or engineering term, the horizontal direction along and near the surface of the earth of a way or course, as a road, a railway, or a canal, occupied or to be occupied for travel.
- n. An obsolete form of rout, rout, rout, rout.
- n. An order for a route march.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. divert in a specified direction
- n. an established line of travel or access
- v. send via a specific route
- n. an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation
- v. send documents or materials to appropriate destinations
Our route to this place was equally grand and experimental; grand, as to the width of the road, and beauty of the surrounding country -- but experimental, inasmuch as a part of the _route royale_ had been broken up, and rendered wholly impassable for carriages of any weight.
I proposed to travel with an English friend named Pottinger to Vienna, and thence by some adventurous route or other through Germany to Paris; which was a great deal more to undertake in those days than it now is, entailing several hundred per cent. more pain and sorrow, fasting, want of sleep and washing, than any man would encounter in these days in going round the world and achieving _la grande route_; or the common European tour, to boot.
I can get help from distribution companies, but certainly, I won't be going the label route.
Po, after KFP 1, took the Shaolin route from the Shaw Brothers, decided to go on one of those epic "mountain journeys" and ran into Uwe Boll dressed in Spartan gear weeping over his latest epic failure of video game to movie disasters … Po, feeling a sense passion, not to mention outrage at a possiblely gay film maker dressed in "manly" attire … decapitates Uwe and saves the gear …
In this case, the band decided to ignore the label route and go on its own -- and while the sales numbers don't seem all that exciting based on traditional metrics, in terms of the metric that counts the most to the band (money made), it's already made much more than its last record label album.
Gas costs keep rising and the traffic congestion along the route is a major headache for drivers.
Another route is a Ruger Red Lable if you want to go the O/U route.
This route is a winding mountain road, rocky in places, with some steep sections.
The only real problem on this route is the hour it takes to bypass Aguascalientes by either the North or South 3rd Anillo (periférico).
However, allowing for all the differences, I would estimate that the Mascota route is about a half hour longer for the best of conditions. sioux4noff