from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with hair; hairy.
- adj. Botany Covered with stiff or coarse hairs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered in hair or bristles; hairy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rough with hair; set with bristles; shaggy.
- adj. Rough and coarse; boorish.
- adj. Pubescent with coarse or stiff hairs.
- adj. Covered with hairlike feathers, as the feet of certain birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hairy; shaggy.
- 2. Specifically, in zoology and botany, rough or bristling with hairs; having a thick covering of long and rather stiff hairs.
- Coarse; boorish; unmannerly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or covered with hair
A certain hirsute mutant may want to rethink that next trip to England.
Her sled-dogs clustered about her in hirsute masses, and the leader, Wolf Fang, laid his long snout softly in her lap.
For decades the right had successfully demonized women who embraced the label as hirsute succubi, family-scorning and erotically disadvantaged old bags.
They dubbed their hirsute trio the Full Silkwood, after a typically audacious punch line from the show.
I loved that "hirsute" was used; I always remember that one by thinking it is someone saying "hair suit" with a really thick accent.; p
[[Genesis]], the son of [[Isaac]], was notably hirsute; his name means 'hirsute' in
'' 'Esau' '' ([[Hebrew]]: '' 'עֵשָׂו' '', '' Ēśāw '', "hirsute") or '' 'Edom' '' ([[Hebrew]] '' 'אֱדוֹם' '', ʾĔḏôm, "red") (b.
It paired her with an unlikely collaborator in Wilco's Jeff Tweedy, who produced the record, wrote its stirring title song and helped usher Ms. Staples back onto concert bills she might not have graced otherwise — including this one in Gowanus with indie Americana artist Jolie Holland and TV on the Radio's hirsute utility-man Kyp Malone.
Sadly enough, once upon a time the shower advantage was about all we hirsute folk could get.
Mr. Tully plays the prodigal, hirsute and nearly mute football hero Cornelius Rawlings , who returns to the family farm and his misfit brothers: Amos (Onar Tukel), a recluse who exorcises demons in grotesque illustrations, and Ezra ( Robert Longstreet ), a religious nut and crossdresser who flutters about like an obsessive mother hen.