from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Covered with or consisting of feathers.
- adjective Resembling or suggestive of a feather, as in form or lightness.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Clothed or covered with feathers.
- Resembling feathers; light; airy; unsubstantial: as, the feathery spray; feathery clouds.
- In botany, same as
plumose:applied to an awn or a bristle that is bordered with fine, soft hairs. Also feathered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Pertaining to, or resembling, feathers; covered with, or as with, feathers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective resembling
- adjective covered with feathers
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective resembling or suggesting a feather or feathers
- adjective characterized by a covering of feathers
- adjective adorned with feathers or plumes
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
feather + -y
Sorry, no example sentences found.