from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A contest between antagonists; a match: a wrestling bout.
- n. A period of time spent in a particular way; a spell: "His tremendous bouts of drinking had wrecked his health” ( Thomas Wolfe).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A period of something, usually painful or unpleasant
- n. A boxing match.
- n. An assault (a fencing encounter) at which the score is kept.
- n. A fighting competition.
- n. A bulge or widening in a musical instrument, such as either of the two characteristic bulges of a guitar.
- n. The going and returning of a plough, or other implement used to mark the ground and create a headland, across a field.
- prep. about
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much of an action as is performed at one time; a going and returning, as of workmen in reaping, mowing, etc.; a turn; a round.
- n. A conflict; contest; attempt; trial; a set-to at anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as but.
- n. A turn, loop, coil, or knot, as in a rope or chain; a bend or flexure.
- n. The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- n. A going and returning, as in plowing, reaping, etc.; hence, as much of an action as is performed at one time; a single part of an action which is carried on at successive intervals.
- n. A round at anything, as in some contest; a set-to; a trial: as, a bout at single-stick or fisticuffs.
- n. A round of indulgence, as in drink: as, a drunken bout.
- n. A turn or fit of illness: as, a severe bout of rheumatism.
- n. In music, an inward curve of a rib of an instrument of the violin kind, by which the waist is formed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
- n. a contest or fight (especially between boxers or wrestlers)
- n. (sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
- n. a period of illness
Here come old Gobry he come writin 'bout Sully he come writin bout Althouse
August 20, 2008 at 2:43 pm hey donkeeee, chickie………… herz tawkin bout wair we meeted fur lunch…. across frum Chilis on Truxel…….*ai no nuffin bout sacymentoes, but i noes wair herz tawkin bout*
Omo babe, u chop winch...abi u don go kolomental? u get liver o...which one u just go yawa d babe like dat sef, ehn? u 4 let am enjoy her moment wit her man and then lata yarn 'bout how u feel & gist am bout self confidence and relationships. e be like say u like trouble sha!
I don't know nothin' 'bout any energy drinks, but this Something Awful post makes me almost want to try one for a bout of perverse hilarity.
Dere was just one thing 'bout Catherine dat I's dubious 'bout.
Massa Randall had told her not to go nowhe 'bout dat boat, but some people is sorta high strung like en dey go off anyhow no matter bout de whip.
Some heard bout freedom and went home tellin 'bout it.
God is a great good spirit dat knows all 'bout what you want, an 'what you're thinkin' 'bout.
Nobody went 'bout half naked on our plantation lak some of de old folks f'um other farms talks 'bout.
In talkin 'wid old mistress,' fusion would come 'bout which John of de grandsons was bein 'meant and talked' bout.