from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports Any of various annual horseraces, especially for three-year-olds.
- n. Sports A formal race usually having an open field of contestants: a motorcycle derby.
- n. A stiff felt hat with a round crown and a narrow, curved brim.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several annual horseraces.
- n. By extension, any organized race.
- n. A bowler hat
- n. A local derby
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A race for three-old horses, run annually at Epsom (near London), for the Derby stakes. It was instituted by the 12th Earl of Derby, in 1780.
- n. A stiff felt hat with a dome-shaped crown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The most important annual horse-race of England, founded in 1780 by the twelfth Earl of Derby, and run at Epsom, Surrey, in the spring, generally on the Wednesday before Whitsuntide.
- n. [lowercase] A masons' two-handled float.
- n. [lowercase] A stiff felt hat with rounded crown and more or less narrow brim, worn by men, and sometimes also by women, for walking or riding.
- Same as Derbian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a felt hat that is round and hard with a narrow brim
The nearest competitor in the speed derby is Kent, whose Fasteel clocks in at 1625, but with lighter payloads.
Learn more about her accomplishments on the track as well as in derby art!
The home run derby is scheduled for tomorrow and the actual game for Wednesday.
Roller derby is ultimately window dressing for the coming of age story.
For Istanbul derbies, the fierce clash of Turkey's two most successful teams, Fenerbahçe Galatasaray for some fans, winning the derby is more important than winning the league.
As far as the cat fishin derby goes, if they want a couples discount it should apply to everyone or no-one.
The fishing derby is held every year on the Conneticut River between Vermont and New Hampshire.
Yes | No | Report from cooner wrote 2 days 5 hours ago why yes i do. and as a matter of fact our big derby is this sat.
This week, Colin Peel wants to discuss it again …"This is stretching the definition of derby rivals somewhat but Sutton Coldfield Town Northern Prem and Aston Villa have grounds five miles apart and an interesting derby history," notes Colin.
Bonds, who said he probably will sit out the home-run derby, is the Giants 'lone All-Star representative.