from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Woodwork, such as doors, window casings, and baseboards, ready-made by a lumber mill.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Machinery used in mills or manufactories.
- noun The designing, construction, arrangement, and erection of machinery in mills or manufactories.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The shafting, gearing, and other driving machinery of mills.
- noun The business of setting up or of operating mill machinery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun US any
woodenobject manufactured at a lumber mill
- noun Most especially, doors, windows, and wood trim with decorative cross-section involving curves, beads, grooves, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun woodwork that has been machined at a mill
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Special use items, such as millwork, certain plumbing, specialty electrical and HVAC equipment and exterior improvements can often be depreciated over a shorter term.
Features such as millwork and moldings, built-in bookcases or storage niches and coffered or tray ceilings are essential elements in all but the sparest contemporary designs.
The overall venue's flooring is complete, its ceiling is nearly done and millwork is being installed.
Rayon Richards for The Wall Street Journal The home has detailed millwork, custom paint finishes and designer fixtures.
Rayon Richards for The Wall Street Journal Few surfaces in the home lack embellishment, from the intricate moldings to the elaborate millwork.
Designed by MKDA, the HSN "brand showroom" is filled with light and air, the sheen of its white-lacquered millwork contrasting nicely with the poured-concrete floors in the office's core.
Diane Uhley The home has tall ceilings, large rooms and original millwork, crown moldings and hardwood floors.
Plans and instructions for the bank's contractors, on file with the city, specify the installation of at least one Sub-Zero Inc. refrigerator and icemaker in the renovated space, along with "premium grade" millwork and Madico Inc.
It has tall ceilings, large rooms and original millwork, crown moldings and hardwood floors.
On Tuesday, Home Depot cited sales of big-ticket items like "appliances, millwork, windows" and heating units as helping to drive purchases of $900 or more in the fiscal fourth quarter that ended January, as well as a 72% year-on-year jump in profit.