from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The country of one's birth or one's ancestors.
- noun The country from which the settlers of a territory originally came.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A country which has sent colonies to other countries: used in speaking of it in relation to its colonies.
- noun One's native country.
- noun A country as the mother or producer of anything.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The country in which a person (or group of people) was
born; motherland, homeland
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the country where you were born
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.