from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A drinking fountain.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun . One who cheats.
- noun A fish of the family Sciænidæ, Aplodinotus grunniens, the fresh-water drumfish, found in the waters of the Ohio river: so called from the peculiar noise it makes. Also called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To cheat; to deceive.
- noun One who cheats.
- noun (Zoöl.) A fish of the Ohio river; -- so called from the noise it makes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Something that emits bubbles.
- noun New England, Australia A
- noun A device used for smoking
marijuana, similar to a cannabis pipe but with a section that holds water, like a bong
- noun obsolete One who
- noun US A
fishof the Ohio river; so called from the noise it makes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a public fountain to provide a jet of drinking water
- noun any of various devices in which air or some other gas is bubbled through a liquid
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
It’s a brain bubbler and less hardened folk may wind up having a stroke.
Banning bottles has proved a boon for the humble bubbler, which is enjoying a resurgence in schools and public spaces.
"bubbler" - style water fountains, with two - or five-gallon jugs upended over an electric dispenser/cooler.
We drank water out of a 'bubbler' rather than a water fountain.
And of course Milwaukee is also home to the relatively unique terms "bubbler" (drinking fountain) and "TYME Machine" (ATM).
Of course, this confused the hell out of me when I first moved down here! sam, "bubbler" is common in Northern New England as well.
"The bubbler is a tank containing a mixture of water and hydrocarbons (gasoline, diesel, kerosene, crude oils and others derived from hydrocarbons ...).
“Can I get a bottle of Perrier?” he begs, and the CIA officers lead him to a bubbler in the lobby for a swig of water that appears to revive him.
A helmet-to-helmet hit that led to a player being removed from competition was called a "snot bubbler" and considered a "clean hit."
Hi, I have stummbled accoss this in my search to see if there is a larger screen available for the ipod touch, I do not want to replace the ipod, just be able to plug it in to a larger screen which I want to mount in a 1960′s bubbler juke box front.