from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An artificially created jet or stream of water.
- n. A structure, often decorative, from which a jet or stream of water issues.
- n. A spring, especially the source of a stream.
- n. A reservoir or chamber containing a supply of liquid that can be siphoned off as needed.
- n. A soda fountain.
- n. A drinking fountain.
- n. A point of origin or dissemination; a source: the library, a fountain of information.
- transitive v. To flow or cause to flow like a fountain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spring, natural source of water.
- n. An artificial, usually ornamental, water feature (usually in a garden or public place) consisting of one or more streams of water originating from a statue or other structure.
- n. The structure from which an artificial fountain issues
- n. A reservoir from which liquid can be drawn.
- n. A source, origin of a flow (e.g. of favors, of knowledge).
- n. A juggling pattern typically done with an even number of props where each prop is caught by the same hand that thows it.
- n. A soda fountain.
- v. To flow or gush as if from a fountain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A spring of water issuing from the earth.
- n. An artificially produced jet or stream of water; also, the structure or works in which such a jet or stream rises or flows; a basin built and constantly supplied with pure water for drinking and other useful purposes, or for ornament.
- n. A reservoir or chamber to contain a liquid which can be conducted or drawn off as needed for use
- n. The source from which anything proceeds, or from which anything is supplied continuously; origin; source.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A natural spring or source of water; the source or head of a stream.
- n. An artificial basin or tank for receiving a flow of living water, from which it may be drawn for any use, or from which by the force of its own pressure it may rise or spout through orifices in jets or showers.
- n. Origin; first source; cause.
- n. In her.: A roundel, barry wavy of six argent and azure, or more rarely having a greater number of barrulets.
- n. The representation of an ordinary architectural fountain with basin, etc.
- n. A tin-lined copper holder used in transporting aërated waters, or the combination of ornamental faucets and syrup-holders from which such” waters are drawn; a soda-fountain.
- n. The ink-holder of a printing-press.
- n. The supply-chamber of a fountain-pen or of a fountain-inkstand, or the reservoir for oil in certain kinds of lamps, etc.
- n. A fountain-shell or watering-pot shell; any shell of the genus Aspergillum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a natural flow of ground water
- n. a structure from which an artificially produced jet of water arises
- n. an artificially produced flow of water
- n. a plumbing fixture that provides a flow of water
Really, this fountain is a stunning and visually dramatic focal point for any room in your home or office.
I don't think the toilet meant to scare them, but you have to admit that a giant toilet appearing out of nowhere and running through the fountain is a bit weird.
“I’ll meet you at the fountain,” she said, making even the word fountain sound dirty.
As the animosity fountain is freely flowing, shouldn't someone at least raise their cup and a kind word for the four dedicated police officers.
June 14, 2009 at 5: 55 pm | Reply talk about thinking outside the box – that barbecue sauce fountain is an ingenious use of the fountain.
The lake that the fountain is on is right next to the Persian Gulf.
Cleaning a chocolate fountain is a night mare believe me, after owning one you would really appreciate such a feature.
No, unfortunately, the fountain is not there. but it is still beautiful!
They shut the concealed door and Brydon realized aloud, “The fountain is here to cover the noise of the door.”
Up until recently, whenever I had a wish (penny in fountain, birthday candles, first star, ect), whenever I said a prayer, it was for a baby.