from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The coming into being of something; the origin. See Synonyms at beginning.
- n. See Table at Bible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The origin, start, or point at which something comes into being.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of producing, or giving birth or origin to anything; the process or mode of originating; production; formation; origination.
- n. The first book of the Old Testament; -- so called by the Greek translators, from its containing the history of the creation of the world and of the human race.
- n. Same as Generation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of begetting, originating, or creating; generation; procreation; production; formation; creation.
- n. Mode of generation; especially, the way in which or the means by which natural propagation is effected.
- n. An explanation or account of the origin of something.
- n. [capitalized] The first book of the Old Testament.
- n. In mathematics, same as generation, 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the first book of the Old Testament: tells of Creation; Adam and Eve; the Fall of Man; Cain and Abel; Noah and the flood; God's covenant with Abraham; Abraham and Isaac; Jacob and Esau; Joseph and his brothers
- n. a coming into being
We use computer models, as you see here, to try to better understand the formation, what we call the genesis of hurricanes, particularly as they come off Africa, and around the globe, for all that's concerned.
March 2nd, 2010 at 10: 07 pm the saturn version or the genesis is on the ps2 collection?
The genesis is tangled, but the spark was a meeting in an inn that would send the two off together in search of something and fleeing someone.
The recession's genesis is why things are still sluggish even though the Fed has cut short-term rates, which it controls, to virtually zero and has forced down long-term rates, which it doesn't control, by buying more than $1 trillion of securities in the open market and letting it be known that it and other central banks will buy more.
"True beginning in the eternal comes only with self-genesis" is a line from one of Schelling's notebooks of the period (Tagebücher 109).
I recalled reading my bible and I found in genesis 1: 26-27 where God said male and female he created he them and gave (both male and female) dominion over everything on earth.
So to my mind the search for a second genesis is the most important science question about Mars.
The claim that the first chapter of genesis is literal and inerrant and the claim that life shows evidence of design are simply two different claims.
Although, the main genesis of the conflict is a blog-like site on the colonists network called Learning The World, written by one of the teenage colonists.
It takes its genesis from the 1990 deregulation and privatization of the United Kingdom's electrical market by the Thatcher government and has paralleled the deregulation of the North American natural gas market.