from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The condition of being pregnant.
- noun An instance of being pregnant.
- noun The period during which one is pregnant.
- noun The quality or condition of being rich in significance, import, or implication.
- noun Creativity; inventiveness.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The state of being pregnant; the state of a female who has conceived or is with child; gestation; fetation.
- noun Fruitfulness; fertility; fecundity; productiveness.
- noun Fullness, as of important contents; significance; suggestiveness.
- noun Readiness of wit; shrewdness.
- noun A promising youth; a quick-witted person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The condition of being pregnant; the state of being with young.
- noun Figuratively: The quality of being heavy with important contents, issue, significance, etc.; unusual consequence or capacity; fertility.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun countable The condition of being
- noun The period of time this condition
- noun uncountable The
progressionof stages from conceptionto birth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Obesity in pregnancy is not a topic that is discussed much in the media.
Besides watching your child grown, watching your wife go through her pregnancy is also an amazing, eye-opening experience.
Pregnancy has a protective maturing effect on the breast that helps the breasts 'internal immune system; the earlier the first term pregnancy is completed, the lower the risk of breast cancer.
Rebecca Booth, MD: Assessing Your Breast Cancer Risk MD Rebecca Booth 2010
If the pregnancy is the issue, have Kristen Stewart wear numerous pillows to represent the stages and then CGI her belly when her shirt is lifted.
Of course when a pregnancy is aborted (1,2,3 trimester) adds some weight.
For Mary, the pregnancy is a divine miracle and a privilege.
And hiding a pregnancy is always a tricky fashion task.
7:00 am Fashion Emergency kittenpie 2008
If you (Adriana) have an issue with Linda, fine, but I don't think picking on her pregnancy is the way to make your point.
The Nevada Republican earlier discussed her beliefs on the topic during an interview with the Bill Manders in which she called pregnancy in cases of rape and incest, "God's plan."
How many women per year are just tossing off a term pregnancy like an old shoe?
Diagnosis of an early pregnancy failure is often straightforward when ultrasound definitively identifies an intrauterine or extrauterine pregnancy.1-3 However, ultrasound does not definitively identify pregnancy location in up to 40% of women presenting for evaluation. This transient state is termed a pregnancy of unknown location.4 During surveillance, up to one-third of women will have serial human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) concentrations in a pattern suggesting neither an ongoing viable gestation nor a spontaneously resolving pregnancy loss; this scenario is termed a persisting pregnancy of unknown location. These women are at high risk of an ectopic pregnancy.
Effect of an Active vs Expectant Management Strategy on Successful Resolution of Pregnancy Among Patients With a Persisting Pregnancy of Unknown Location: The ACT or NOT Randomized Clinical Trial For Authors 2021